Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bon Iver - The Story of Us

Recently, I had the chance to work with a great group of creatives on a project for Community for the Confluence.  We did a video featuring Bon Iver's Towers which we titled For the Love (you can see it here).

While completing that project, I remembered an old project I worked on a few years ago for Wisconsin Public Radio.  It was talking about the Bon Iver phenomenon from the perspective of Eau Claire people both near and far.

It's slightly dated and shows my mastering abilities at the time, but I would like to share it with you.  It was a labor of love and features some great voices.

First, we have have new Managing Editor of Volume One, Eric Charles Christenson, talking about being a musician in the town of Bon Iver.


Then, Thom Fountain, also of V1 Managing Editior fame, shared what it was like simply seeing Bon Iver around town.


Brian Moen of Shouting Matches, Laarks and Peter Wolf Crier talked about that Shouting Matches project. Bear in mind as you listen, this was two years before Grownass Man came out.


Merideth, a Wisconsin transplant to Boston at the time, talked about how Bon Iver gave her something to connect to her home.


Lastly, Zana a person not from Wisconsin talked about how Bon Iver connected her with the state.
I hope you enjoyed this!  I was just thrilled that I could go back through old emails and share this with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment